Calories per serving 246
Preparation time 20 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking time 7-10 minutes
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs maple syrup
40 g (1½ oz) flaked almonds
40 g (1½ oz) pine nuts
25 g (1 oz) sunflower seeds
25 g (1 oz) porridge oats
375 ml (12 fl oz) low-fat natural yogurt
1 mango, stoned, peeled and sliced
2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
1 small bunch of red seedless grapes, halved
grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- Heat the oil in a flameproof frying pan with a metal handle, add the maple syrup and the nuts, seeds and oats and toss together.
- Transfer the pan to a preheated oven, 180˚C (350˚F), Gas Mark 4, and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring once and moving the brown edges to the centre, until the granola mixture is evenly toasted.
- Leave the mixture to cool, then pack it into a storage jar, seal, label and consume within 10 days.
- Make the fruit salad.
- Mix the fruits with the lime rind and juice, spoon the mixture into 6 dishes and top with spoonfuls of natural yogurt and granola.
- For berry compote, to serve with the granola instead of the fruit salad, place 150 g (5 oz) each of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries in a pan with the grated rind and juice of 1 lemon.
- Heat gently until the fruit has softened and the blueberries burst, then sweeten with 1 tsp honey.
- Serve with the granola and yogurt as above.