1 lb (500 g) beef with bones
1 lb (500 g) white cabbage
1 parsley root
2 Tbs butter
2-3 bay leaves
Salt, black pepper
- Put the meat in cold water and bring to the boil.
- Skim and leave to cook for about 2 hours.
- Clean the cabbage, cut into strips and add to the meat and water.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into pieces and also add to the meat soup.
- Wash the root vegetables and cut them up into small pieces, peel and chop the onion.
- Braise the vegetables and onion lightly in butter and add to the soup, leaving to cook for 20 minutes.
- Then add the bay leaves, as well as the salt and pepper.
- Skin the tomatoes, remove the pips and cut into eighths.
- Shortly before the end of the cooking time, add the tomatoes to the soup.
- Remove the meat from the soup, dice and return to the soup.
- Serve sour cream with the soup separately.