8 slices of stale white bread
1½ cups (300 ml) milk
1 pinch of salt
1 Tbs sugar
Fine bread crumbs
Cinnamon and sugar
Wine Cream Sauce
2 egg yolks
¼ cup (50g) sugar
½ cup (125 ml) white wine
- Lay the white bread slices over one another on a large plate.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, salt, and sugar, pour over the bread and leave to soak.
- Turn the milky bread slices in bread crumbs and fry in butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- For the sauce, stir the egg yolks with the sugar until smooth.
- Add the wine and beat with a whisk to a thick and creamy sauce over a double boiler.
- Spoon the sauce out onto a plate, arrange the bread slices on top and serve.