Calories per serving 202
Preparation time 15 minutes, plus chilling
200 g (7 oz) white chocolate, chopped
4 Tbs skimmed milk
12 cardamom pods
200 g (7 oz) silken tofu
50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
1 egg white
240 g (7¾ oz) low-fat (less than 3 %)
crème fraîche, to serve
cocoa powder, for dusting
- Put the chocolate and milk in a heatproof bowl and melt over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- To release the cardamom seeds, crush the pods using a pestle and mortar.
- Discard the pods and crush the seeds finely.
- Place the cardamom pods and tofu in a food processor with half of the sugar and blend well to a smooth paste.
- Turn the mixture into a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg white in a thoroughly clean bowl until it forms peaks.
- Gradually whisk in the remaining sugar.
- Beat the melted chocolate mixture into the tofu mixture until completely combined.
- Using a large metal spoon, fold in the egg white.
- Spoon the mousse into 8 small coffee cups or glasses and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve topped with spoonfuls of crème fraîche and a light dusting of cocoa powder.
- For white chocolate & amaretto pots, make the mousse mixture as above, omitting the cardamom and adding 2 Tbs amaretto when blending the tofu.
- Complete the recipe and chill as above.
- Serve with fresh raspberries instead of the crème fraîche and cocoa.