Preparation time 15 minutes, plus
Cooking time 6-8 minutes
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 spring onions, finely sliced
1 Tbs pesto
2 Tbs chopped mixed herbs, such as
tarragon and thyme
375 g (12 oz) minced chicken
2 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp olive oil
250 g (8 oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 Tbs chopped coriander
grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- Mix together all the burger ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and form into burgers.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Brush the burgers with oil and cook under a preheated hot grill or on a barbecue for about 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve each burger in a toasted burger bun with the tomato salsa and salad leaves.
- For turkey burgers with mint & yogurt sauce, make the burgers as above, replacing the minced chicken with 375 g (12 oz) lean minced turkey.
- Instead of the salsa, make a sauce by combining 5 Tbs low-fat natural yogurt, 1 deseeded and finely chopped red chilli, 1 Tbs roughly chopped mint and a large pinch of ground cumin in bowl.
- Cook and serve the burgers as above with the mint and yogurt sauce.