Preparation time 10 minutes, plus marinating
Cooking time 2-3 minutes
1 Tbs sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp Thai fish sauce
1 tsp white wine vinegar
2 Tbs chopped coriander
1 Tbs unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Mix together the sweet chilli sauce, cumin seeds, ground coriander and oil in a non-metallic bowl.
- Add the meat and stir well to coat, then cover and leave to marinate in a cool place for 30 minutes.
- Thread the meat on to 4 bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook on a hot griddle or under a preheated hot grill for 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sauce ingredients in a small serving bowl.
- Serve the skewers with the sauce, scattered with the coriander and peanuts.
- For Thai-style salad, to serve with the skewers, combine 1 grated carrot, ¼ thinly sliced cucumber and 10 quartered cherry tomatoes in a bowl.
- Make the dipping sauce as above, adding 1 tsp groundnut oil.
- Toss it into the salad ingredients with the coriander and peanuts used as garnish above, and serve the skewers with the salad and lime wedges.