2 red and 2 yellow peppers
Salt, black pepper
2 garlic cloves
8 anchovy fillets (in oil)
3 Tbs cold- pressed olive oil
1 Tbs flat-leaved parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Wash, halve, and de-seed the peppers.
- Place in a flat, flameproof dish.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Place two slices of tomato on each halved pepper and season with the salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the garlic and arrange on the tomato slices with one anchovy fillet per halved pepper.
- Trickle olive oil over the peppers and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve hot.
- A chilled Trebbiano goes well with this dish.