Calories per serving 287
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 18-20 minutes
8 red mullet fillets, about 100g (3½ oz) each
finely grated rind of 1 lemon
2 tsp baby capers, drained
2 spring onions, finely sliced 375 g (12 oz)
mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes
150g (5 oz) fine green beans, trimmed
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
50g (2 oz) can anchovy fillets, drained and
1 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs lemon juice
salt and pepper
2 Tbs chopped parsley
- Tear off 4 large sheets of foil and line with nonstick baking paper.
- Place 2 fish fillets on each piece of baking paper, then scatter over the lemon rind, capers and spring onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold over the paper-lined foil and scrunch the edges together to seal.
- Place the parcels on a large baking sheet.
- Put the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish with the beans, garlic, anchovies, oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 200˚C (400˚F), GAS Mark 6, for 10 minutes until the tomatoes and beans are tender.
- Place the fish parcels next to the vegetables in the oven and bake for a further 8-10 minutes until the flesh flakes easily when pressed in the centre with a knife.
- Spoon the vegetables on to 4 serving plates, then top each with 2 steamed fish fillets.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and caperberries, and serve immediately.
- For red mullet & tomato stew, heat 1 Tbs olive oil in a saucepan, add the spring onions and garlic along with 1 trimmed and sliced fennel bulb and cook for 5 minutes until just softened.
- Add the tomatoes and 400 ml (14 fl oz) fish stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add 4 red mullet fillets, about 100g (3½ oz ) each, quartered, and 200g (7 oz) cooked peeled prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes until the fish has turned opaque.
- Sprinkle in the chopped parsley and lemon juice, and serve with crusty bread.