This dish is a southern German specialty. In some recipes, the meat is turned in bread crumbs before it is fried.
1 leg of veal
1 bouquet garni
Salt, black pepper
- Rinse the meat in cold water and then put in boiling salted water on the stove.
- Cut thand add these and the onion to the pot together with the bouquet garni.
- Let the meat cook over medium heat for about 60 minutes, then remove it from the cooking pot, drain and season with salt and pepper.
- In hot butterfat, cook the veal for about 60 minutes until it is crispy brown all over.
- Add more water periodically.
- At the end of the cooking time, arrange the meat on a platter and cover with the pan juices.
Potato salad is a good accompaniment.