1 lb (500 g) mushrooms, washed
4 scallions, washed and chopped
½ cup (100 g) butter
1 Tbs flour
Salt, black pepper
1 carton of sour cream
1 carton of heavy cream
¼ cup (50 g) grated cheese
- Cook the mushrooms with the scallions in half the butter.
- Stir 1 Tbs of butter into the flour and add to the mushrooms.
- When the mixture has thickened, season with salt and pepper, and stir in the sour cream and heavy cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Place the mushroom mixture in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with cheese and the rest of the butter in flakes and brown for 20-25 minutes.
Opposite : A sumptuous zakuski spread in the open air at the turn of the century.