8 oz (250 g) turkey liver
7 oz (200 g) chicken
1 tsp Banyuls vinegar
1 Tbs shallots, finely
4 bay leaves
½ tsp thyme, finely
½ tsp white peppercorns, crushed
5 Tbs (80 ml) Banyuls or port
5 oz (150 g) chicken breast
2 tsp salt
3 oz (100 g) fat bacon, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle the livers with the vinegar and marinate them overnight in Banyuls together
- with the shallot, one bay leaf, the thyme and the pepper.
- Now purée the turkey liver, chicken breast, and veal, season with salt and mix with
- the marinade.
- Line an oven proof tureen with the slices of bacon and fill it with one third of the
- Cut the chicken livers into cubes, mix them with another third of the stuffing and put
- it into the tureen over the first layer.
- Put the remaining stuffing on top and garnish with the remaining bay-leaves.
- Cook the terrine in a bain marie in the oven for 60 to 90 minutes at a temperature of
- 350 °F (175 °C).
- Allow it to cool and leave it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours so that the flavors
- can develop.