Calories per serving 192
Preparation time 15 minutes, plus marinating
Cooking time 10 minutes
500-750 g (1-1½ lb) monkfish tails, skinned
and cut into large cubes
1 onion, quartered and layers separated
1 courgette, cut into 8 pieces
vegetable oil, for brushing
lime wedges, to serve
grated rind and juice of 2 limes
2 Tbs peeled and finely sliced fresh root
2 chillies, red or green or 1 of each,
deseeded and finely chopped
2 lemon grass stalks, finely chopped
handful of chopped coriander
1 glass red wine
2 Tbs sesame oil
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large non-metallic bowl.
- Add the fish to the marinade with the onion, mushrooms and gourgette and mix until well coated.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Brushh the rack of a grill pan lightly with oil to prevent the kebabs from sticking.
- Thread 4 metal skewers alternately with the chunks of fish, mushrooms, courgette and onion.
- Brush with a little oil and cook under a preheated hot grill for about 10 minutes, turning at intervals, until cooked through.
- Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
- For Mediterranean monkfish kebabs, replace the above marinade with one using the grated rind and juice of 1 lemon, 2 chopped garlic cloves, 2 Tbs olive oil and 1 Tbs each of chopped thyme and rosemary.
- Use to marinate the monkfish and vegetables for 30 minutes, then thread on to 4 metal skewers and cook as above.