Preparation time 10 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking time 1-2 minutes
½ small mango, stoned, peeled and thinly
1 passion fruit, halved and flesh scopped out
150 ml (¼ pint) low-fat natural yogurt
100 g (3½ oz) low-fat (less than 3%) crème
½ Tbs icing sugar
a few drops of vanilla extract
1 Tbs demerara sugar
- Divide the mango between 2 ramekins.
- Mix together the passion fruit flesh, yogurt, crème fraîche, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl, then spoon the mixture over the mango.
- Tap each ramekin to level the surface.
- Sprinkle over the demerara sugar, then place the brûlées under a preheated hot grill and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sugar has melted.
- Leave to cool, then chill for about 30 minutes before serving.
- For mango & passion fruit fools, purée the flesh of 1 mango in a blender or food processor and transfer to a bowl.
- Alternatively, rub the mango through a sieve to purée.
- Sieve the pulp from 2 passion fruits to remove the pips.
- Stir the passion fruit pulp into the mango purée, then stir in 200 ml (7 fl oz) 0% fat Greek yogurt.
- Spoon into 2 glasses and serve with lime wedges.