8 sun-dried tomatoes
2 leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
300 ml (½ pint) white wine
2 Tbs skimmed milk
1 small egg, separated
50 g (2 oz) low-fat soft cheese
12 pieces of filo pastry, each about
15 cm (6 inches) square
salt and pepper
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes in a small heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover.
- Leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the leeks and wine in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the milk, egg yolk and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg white lightly in a jug.
- Brush a filo pastry square with a little of the egg white and use it to line the base and sides of a 10 cm (4 inch) tart tin.
- Brush 2 more filo squares and lay these on top, each at a slight angle to the first, allowing the edges to overlap the rim.
- Repeat with the remaining squares to line 3 more tart tins.
- Place a spoonful of the cooked leek mixture in each pastry case.
- Lay 2 of the drained, rehydrated tomatoes on top of each tart and cover with the remaining leek mixture.
- Season again and bake in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, for 20 minutes, covering the tarts with pieces of foil after 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, with cherry tomatoes and sliced red onion if liked (remembering to count the extra calories).