12 lean lamb cutlets, about 40 g (1½ oz) each
2 Tbs pesto
3 Tbs granary breadcrumbs
1 Tbs chopped walnuts, toasted
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
625 g (1¼ lb) greens, finely shredded and blanched
- Heat a nonstick frying pan or griddle until hot, add the cutlets and cook for 1 minute on each side, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Mix together the pesto, breadcrumbs and walnuts in a bowl, then use to top one side of the cutlets, pressing down lightly.
- Place in a preheated oven, 200˚C (400˚F), Gas Mark 6, for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan or work, add the garlic and stir- fry for 1 minute, then add the greens and stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Serve the lamb and greens with some baby carrots, if liked (remembering to count the extra calories).
- For lamb cutlets with herbed caper dressing, make a dressing by combining 1 Tbs each of chopped flat leaf parsley, mint and basil in a small bowl.
- Stir in 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 Tbs drained and chopped capers and 2 Tbs extra- virgin olive oil.
- Griddle the cutlets for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on whether you like your lamb medium or well done, omit the breadcrumb topping, and serve with the vegetables as above and a generous drizzle of the dressing.