2 lb (1 kg ) breast of lamb with bones
10 white peppercorns
3 pimiento seeds
2 bay leaves
1 stick of celery
- Put the mutton in a generous 6 pints (3 l) of cold salted water with the seasoning to boil, cover and simmer gently until soft.
- Then remove from the water, separate from the bones, and cut into pieces.
- Put to one side.
- Pass the stock through a sieve.
- Wash the vegetables, chop into pieces, and cook in the stock.
- Before serving, warm the meat in the soup, then sprinkle with parsley and chives.