2 large, firm tomatoes
1 untreated cucumber
1 green pepper
5 oz (150 g) Féta, in cubes
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
5 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
Salt, black pepper
- Wash and dry the vegetables.
- Cut the tomatoes into eighths; chop the unpeeled cucumber into cubes; deseed the pepper and cut into narrow strips; peel the onion and cut into rings.
- Put the vegetables and the Féta into a salad bowl, retaining a few of the Féta cubes and onion rings.
- Add the herbs.
- Mix the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper together thoroughly and pour over the salad.
- Mix everything together carefully and sprinkle with the remaining Féta.
- Garnish the salad with onion rings and black olives.