Salt, black pepper
4 small zucchini
1 red and 1 green pepper
1 lb (500 g) tomatoes
2 large onions
4 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp thyme, finely chopped
1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
1 tsp savory, finely chopped
1 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- Cut the eggplants into chunks, sprinkle them with salt and leave on the side for 20 minutes; then rinse and pat them dry.
- Wash and prepare the zucchini and the peppers and cut the zucchini into pieces and the peppers into strips.
- Skin and remove seeds from the tomatoes and cube; peel and cube the onions.
- Lightly fry the vegetables in the oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Then add the herbs and the garlic to the vegetables.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Served hot, Ratatouille makes a tasty accompaniment to meat or rice; but it may also be served cold as a starter or a side-dish.