- Peel the pears, taking care to remove as thin a layer of skin as possible and leaving the stalks in place.
- Put the sugar and the red wine into a saucepan and heat them up slightly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice, orange peel, and spices.
- Place the pears upright into the red wine syrup, cover the saucepan and cook the pears over a low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Allow them to cool in the syrup.
- Arrange the cold pears in little dishes.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve and pour it over the pears.
- Decorate with macaroons according to taste and serve.