8 oz (250 g) blackberries
¼ cup (50 g) sugar
Juice from ½ lemon
Just under 2 tsp powdered gelatine
Just over ¼ cup (70 ml) heavy cream
1 egg white
- Wash the blackberries. Heat them with the sugar and lemon juice over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool and pass through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- Mix the gelatin with 2 tablespoons of water in a cup and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Then stir in a hot bain – marie until it has dissolved.
- Slowly stir this into the blackberries.
- Beat both the cream and egg white until stiff.
- When the blackberry purée begins to set, first fold in the cream and then the egg white.
- Place in dessert bowls and refrigerate for several hours.
- Serve decorated with whipped cream and whole blackberries.