8 smallish, firm tomatoes
Salt, black pepper
1 green pepper
2 boiled potatoes
4 oz (100 g) cooked runner beans
24 black olives
1 can tuna in olive oil
6 Tbs olive oil from Provence
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
1 Tbs chopped basil
2 hard – boiled eggs
12 anchovy fillets
- Wash, quarter, and lightly salt the tomatoes.
- Wash and clean the pepper and cut it into strips; peel and slice the onion and the cucumber.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes, and cut the beans in half.
- Put the vegetables and the olives in a large salad bowl.
- Break up the tuna and add it to the other ingredients.
- Mix everything together well.
- Prepare a vinaigrette from the oil, vinegar, pepper, salt, and basil, and pour it over the salad.
- Allow to cool.
- Before serving, mix the salad up once more, and garnish it with egg quarters and anchovy fillets.