40 sponge fingers
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup (80g) sugar
6 gelatine leaves
1 1/4 cups (250ml)milk
Pulp from 1 vanilla bean
8 Tbs each of heavy and sour cream
- Line the bottom of a spring form with sponge fingers.Cut them off at one end, so that the base of the form is completely covered.Mix the egg yolk with the sugar.Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan with stirring constantly.Stir over a low hear until the mixture attains a creamy consistency.It must not be allowed to come to the boil,or the eggs will curdle.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and,having pressed the liquid out of it,stir the gelatin into the cake filling and leave to cool.Beat the heavy cream until stiff,add the sour cream and continue to beat.Carefuly stir into the cake filling.
- Place the cake filling in the spring form until the sponge fingers are equaly covered.Put the remaining fingers in an upright position around the edge of the form and add the rest of the filling. Smooth the surface, cover with clingfilm, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Peel the mandarin and break into segments. Place the spring form on a serving plate and carefully remove the casing.
- Decorate the filling with the mandarin segments and several squirts of cream.